Monday, September 17, 2012

#118 - Some Kind Of Mental Douche


How did I get here?

Get your proverbial freak on here.

***

I want to create Mindbook.  It's exactly like Facebook, but the people who post on it are honest about what's going on in their lives.  There's no need to show off or try to remain brutally positive.  It's just a giant collection of fears and problems and maybe, just maybe, connections through honesty.  I hope that doesn't sound cynical; I'm truly honest here.

***

Even though we are barreling toward disaster right now, I bought two tickets to see one of my favorite comedians, Dana Gould.  Amy has no idea who he is, and I think that will be fun for her.  I would love to be able to talk to him, but I have no idea what I would say.  What do you say?  Do I really want to talk to this stranger or do I just want the opportunity to thank him?  I know he shouldn't meet our heroes, but I don't have heroes.  I have performers who I respect.  Hmmmmmm.  

"Thanks, man.  I really love your work."

Generic?  Well maybe, but how many dipshits out there try to be cutesy and cool and hip and instead of a compliment, the guy gets insulted or embarrassed?

Enough talk.  Action.

-jim

1 comment:

  1. Isn't this Mindbook? "barreling toward disaster" doesn't sound good - hang on, it will be over soon

    ReplyDelete