Tuesday, July 10, 2012

#111 - A Real Live Wackadoodle


Waterfront Park, July 2012

Podload the downcast right about here.

Yeah, I've been thinking over and over lately about my place in the creative spectrum.  I think, if I'm honest, I have no place.  I'm as I've always been; a student, a questioner, a mocker and a learner of everything.  I'm just a vocal member of the audience.  A re-creationist, an editor. A critic.  A reviewer of other's work. I make mix tapes, not music.  A sampler.

It's a little sad because I thought I had a shot at writing. I really put the hours in. Other than being a family man, it's the only thing I tried to be good at. The truth is,  I wanted the audience more than I wanted the work to get done.  I think if I felt heard as a kid, I probably would have never picked up a pen and started writing 20 years of journals, projects, and notes.  

Even so, I'm trying to make a practical form of writing into a career.  The business of interpreting and explaining.  Why?  Because I've been doing it for 20 years.  I can't stop now.

And then there's the podcasts.  I still find things to talk about. I also love being a goof.  That's a thing, right?

It's warm in July in Oregon, and still not too bad-

jim




No comments:

Post a Comment