Wednesday, April 11, 2012

#100 - Side To Side, Like A Typewriter


You may find the centennial podcast here.

One hundred shows? What the what?

My original goal was to make it to 25. Once I did, I wanted to make them better. I believe I did that as well. Now, I don’t know what my goal is. Be funny? Is that so bad?

I talk a little in the intro about getting back to writing where I belong. I can’t tell you how satisfying it has to nurse The Big Idea. Right now it’s rolling around in my head, collecting the dust and scraps that lie around up there. It’s getting bigger and surprising me more every day. All of the big ideas have come in the morning, for some reason. It’s that last tether to slumberland that holds on between the subconscious and the acknowledgement that you are who you are, you're in your bed, and it’s time to pee.

It is the estuary of your imagination. Where all the exotic and funky stuff grows and can’t be found anywhere else.

But, anyway. One hundred shows is a milestone that impresses me, because I know me. Also, it’s the third anniversary of the show, but 100 shows feels more impressive, right?

Okay, enough of this. Happy Birthday, Amy, and I’ll be right behind you in about nine weeks.

Ugh. I mean, yay!

-jim

No comments:

Post a Comment