Monday, July 11, 2011

The Amazing Worst Nightmare Show

Show 92.

It seems to be like an endless Saturday afternoon. Sure I can sit around, sleep, watch a movie, finish reading Infinite Jest, take a long walk, or rearrange the junk mail pile. I could; but I feel I need to do something constructive. It’s a holding pattern. And I truly believe that holding patterns are one of life’s minor tragedies. Time you wish you could get back.

There seems to be some confusion in my brain concerning the big career change. I actually have to alter nearly everything about myself. I want to. However, my natural states of rest and concentration don’t know what’s coming. They should be bracing like they see a punch coming; but instead they’re gazing out of the back window. Maybe that’s the best way to go.

Hmm?

jim

P.S. – By the way, I will probably never finish Infinite Jest. I think I’m too stupid. I’m reading Outliers, which makes me feel smart.

1 comment:

  1. Keep slogging through IJ---I've read it twice now and it's well worth it!

    ReplyDelete