Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The Devil and Jason Bateman Show

Back.

One of the most difficult things for me to do is daydream without judgment. I walk a lot and I use that time to let it all hang out..inside my skull. If I think about being a rock star or a superhero or I wonder how best to rearrange my shirt drawer, I just let it go. But there is a review panel in there, a Statler and Waldorf critiquing the thoughts and WHY I am thinking them. As if thinking of something else would be a better use of my time.

I’m here to tell you, that’s just not true. That part of my brain is fear in disguise. It’s that three seconds before you jump into a cold morning pool, or the frustration before a first kiss. It’s your eyes looking upward, searching for a creative answer. Inspiration for the next great creative idea or for a money making endeavor can come from anywhere; including when you are analyzing Jimmy Fallon or Philly cheesesteaks. No one knows how it works..

My brain has some serious foolishness to get done. I need to leave it alone.

-jim

No comments:

Post a Comment